This project was assigned to teach our class about how to use filters on Photoshop. We were to take six fun and interesting photos and add various filters to them. For this project, I decided to photograph my pets. It was a little hard, but it paid off.
We were instructed to have a theme for the cube. I chose to create a theme with the lilac color. I think these filters are probably too intense for actual photography, but it was fun to experiment with them. In the future, I plan to use filters and layer masks to create better photos.
This photo was taken on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S6) at my grandparents’ house. My grandpa enjoys tending to different types of plants in his backyard. These succulents were planted by me and him a few years ago, they’ve grown beautifully over time.
I shot this photo to remember the time I planted this with my grandpa and the fun times we had together. I don’t go to my grandparents’ house often, but seeing this photo helps bring back memories of the times when I was there.
One of the first projects of the year, the Before and After project taught us how to use the mode dial on the DSLR cameras and the Camera Raw on Photoshop. Photos were taken outside using different modes on the mode dial. Then, were uploaded and edited on Photoshop.
After taking this photo, I edited it by cropping out most of the background, bringing more focus to the model. I also lightened some of the colors, to create a happy tone. The most impressive edit I made in this photo was the desaturation of the pink paper the girl is holding. (I had never used Photoshop and just figured it out and was really excited)
The goal of this project is to spell a word using objects found around the school as letters. These items can by anything small like a pencil, to something as large as an archway. The photos are then converted to black and white using Photoshop. After they are all black and white, and cropped to the same size, the photos are arranged in order to spell the word.
I spelled the word “sugoi,” which means awesome in Japanese. It’s an easy word to spell with good opportunities for creativity in the letters. In my opinion, the G is the most creative letter in the word. One of my favorite parts of this project is that large structures outside, and small objects inside the class were used to spell the word.
This project was inspired by the British photographer, David Hockney. Known for composing pictures made up of many different photographs, he thought that one photo was static and did not capture the movement of the entire scene. The goal of the project is to mimic Hockney’s unique style by taking at least 100 photos and organizing them to create a larger, more dynamic image.
I decided to shoot this particular area of my school for this project because it has many photogenic elements such as the trees, building, and sidewalk. I overlapped the most photos over these areas of interest to draw attention to them. After arranging the photos, I adjusted saturation levels with Photoshop, to make the sky more blue, and the leaves on the trees more green.